Update September 4, 2010
The summer is (un) officially over. Well, at least the part were leisure reading could take precedence. I have officially started and survived my first ‘week’ of college, and have several chapters and various articles to read for various classes. This will be my life for the next few years, I have no doubt. Don’t get me wrong, I will do some leisure reading, but it will mostly be while I am, um, indisposed, shall we say?
While I may not have read all the books on the list (some of them lost their appeal, or I found other books that I wanted to read first, etc,) I did get through quite a few.
So, this page of my blog may grow a little dusty, as some of the books on our shelves do as well. Fear not, for it will only take a quick shake to get the cobwebs out, and I will be back here eventually. But for now, I shall bookmark it for a later date.
Updated Mayish, possibly June, 2010
I am a lover of books. There is no doubt about that. I have them everywhere, I read any chance I get. Granted, now that I’m in school, that means that a lot of my reading is textual (don’t make it dirty!) I’ve decided that this summer, my summer before returning to school full time, I am going to read for fun as much as possible. I figure about 20 books ought to do it…I’m a fast reader, so if I get through more, great. If not, that’s ok, too.
Here’s what’s on my list thus far (in no particular order.) Please feel free to leave recommendations…The only things I really don’t read are horror and sci-fi. Just not my thing.
- Time Traveler’s Wife
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma
- In Defense of Food (I started this at one time, but didn’t get to finish it before having to return it to the library.)
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks (completed 06/04/10)
- Interred with Their Bones
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (completed 07/10)
- The Girl Who Played with Fire (completed 07/10)
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest (completed 07/10)
- Homer’s Odyssey (Completed 05/10/10)
- Funny in Farsi
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (Completed 06/12/10)
- Something Borrowed (Completed 05/17/10)
- Something Blue (completed 07/25/10)
- The Twilight Saga (completed 06/03/10…should that count as 4?)
- Fast Food Nation
- My Fair Lazy (Completed 05/16/10)
- Look Me In the Eye (completed 7/30/10)
- The Art of Racing in the Rain (completed 07/15/10)
- Size 14 isn’t Fat Either (completed 7/2010)
- Harry Potter 1-3 (completed 8/30/10) (because I haven’t ready them eleventy-billion times already)
As I am slowly unearthing my books (actually, most of mine are unpacked and in a book case. The boy’s books? Well, that’s another story.) While the last thing we should be doing is acquiring new books, we’ve probably made 4 trips to various book stores in less than 3 weeks (a sad, sad state of affairs…) and have come home with several books each trip. I’m still making my list, and I plan to get through what I’ve currently listed…I just need to stop adding new books to my possession and read the ones I already have!!